Sunday, August 06, 2006

Israeli Arabs: End Nasrullah

The latest attack on Haifa killed and injured a number of Israeli Arabs. They are second class citizens in Israel and yet they support the government's goals. Haifa is an interesting city where Arabs and Jews are well integrated. It is the Beirut of Israel. Here is the story of Shadi a young Arab man of Haifa:

Shadi, whose grandmother and grandfather were also injured in the attack, said police officers positions at the entrance to the emergency room refused him entrance because he swore at them.

"Half of my family and my neighborhood are here inside and they are not allowing me in although I am injured. I don't understand that. Do I have no rights? I am a citizen too and I pay taxes – grandma and grandpa are here and they are not letting me see them," said Shadi who was lightly injured in the legs.

Shadi expressed anger at the government for the lack of shelters in the neighborhood. "I live in Wadi Nisnas and we have no shelters, we hardly have where to live, we have no where to go, we have nowhere to go, and our shelter is the toilet. There are no shelters at all."

"I hope Nasrallah gets a rocket between the legs for what he is doing to me here, for harming grandma and grandpa."
Update: 07 Aug '06 0527z

Commenter Sophia.Abady informs me that Shadi is a man's name. The text has been corrected.

Technorati:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nowhere to go?

I thought Nasrallah ran a real charity. And, there's lots of space OUTSIDE Israel.

Now, let's see? She wasn't allowed into the emergency room because she was loud and obnoxious. Seems about right to me.

But you're only a second class citizen, if you've failed to connect with neighbors. WHich, again, is more Shadi's problem than anyone else's.

What is it with this "Shadi" name? Is it like Smith? Or Jones? Isn't the mortician from Tyre; the guy called GREEN-HELMET, also from the "family of Shadi?" What a group of stinkers. My sympathy meter's on OFF.

Anonymous said...

"Shadi Mzawin and his sister,"

Dude: Shadi Mzawin is a MAN.

Ynet news mixes some good reporting with wartime propaganda.

Israeli Arabs are a 5th column who blame Israel, not Nasrallah. Being an Arab, he is against Nasrallah for injuring his family but when push comes to shove their loyalty is not to Israel.

Get real.

Unknown said...

Remember your prediction about the Bekaa?

Here we go.

Anonymous said...

I don't get credit for being your proofreader?

You are such a propagandist.

This government has screwed up this war, bigtime.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3287515,00.html

They didn't want to do the job, so look at what's happening.

YOU GODDAM PATHETIC MOUTHPIECE FOR FAILURE.

M. Simon said...

Sophia,

You got credit since 0527z 07 Aug. When I revised the piece.

I admit the formatting was off so you might have missed it (I put the last sentence and the closing tag in the wrong place). But I thank you for your help.

You know if you could moderate you language and mostly stick to reason I'd be glad to give you a place on the front page.

Send me something.

================================

This is the link eyesallaround provided.

M. Simon said...

Here is the link Sophia provided.

M. Simon said...

And thank you Achillea !!!

Simon