Saturday, October 27, 2007

Rudy Speaks

I just found this site with quotes from Rudy Giuliani. One scary dude if you believe in Liberty. So let me pick some of my least favorites:

Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do and how you do it.
So Rudy is an authoritarian. Swell. Warm fuzzies? No.
In choosing a president, we really don't choose a Republican or Democrat, a conservative or liberal. We choose a leader.
Kim Jong-il for President? I don't think so. Not my kind of guy.
With the spirit of my administration, New York City is poised for dramatic change. The era of fear has had a long enough reign.
I can see his point here. With him in charge we will no longer have to fear the criminals. The government will be handling the job. Government has a big advantage here over the criminals. Sovereign immunity. Criminality by the government is sanctioned because we elected it. Don't believe me? Let me give you one final quote:
It's about time law enforcement got as organized as organized crime.
Government as organized crime. Ain't it the truth.

Mark Twain once said “America is a nation without a distinct criminal class...with the possible exception of Congress." Giuliani wants to be their leader. No thanks.

Now all this reminds me of "the Bohemian Corporal" as Rundstedt called the person Churchill referred to as "That Man". The man who promised to bring Law and Order to Germany. I think I'd prefer that criminals remain on the street to having them installed in government.

Did some one mention Hillary? A criminal mind like Bill's without the charm. If Thompson doesn't get his game on we are in for a very rough ride.

Watcher in the comments has suggested some Fred videos, I haven't looked at them yet. But if you are interested here they are:

Fred Om Iraq
Fred vs Hillary
Fred on Federalism

I do know I like his position on Federalism.

4 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

None of the top-tiered Republicans is perfect. I like Rudy, and I think he'd give Hillary (Hellary) a good run for her money.

My pick right now is John McCain, despite his conservative infidelities. He's best on national security, and I'm a war voter.

M. Simon said...

Likely the reason I like Thompson is that I know the least about him.

Probably not a good sign.

I'm a war voter myself. Keep me informed.

linearthinker said...

Commentary on Rudy v the smartest woman in the world, fwiw:

In a campaign that will be run strictly by Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, I'm uncertain of Giuliani's ability to withstand Beelzebubetta &c's attack machine. There is no "bottom" to her venality nor does there exist any scruple that she has ever recognized and Rudy's closets rattle like castanets. From what I've seen of his wife, she cannot be regarded as a competent asset in the manner of the rapist's consort of '92.

It's a puzzle.
Rick Ballard

Re McCain, an unfortunate connection to an unfortunate line from the Goldwater campaign resonates:

In your heart you know he's right, but with yout brain you know he's insane.

Anonymous said...

simon... if you want to know more about where Thompson stands on things, then watching these clips would be a good place to start:
Fred on Iraq
Fred vs. Hillary
Fred on Federalism