Thursday, May 17, 2007

I Have Been Designing

I have forgotten politics for the last day or so to focus on designing high voltage power supplies for amateur fusion experiments.

The supplies I'm woking on are based on using common mateials such as transformers from defunct microwave ovens to build Crockoft Walton voltage multipliers using home made high voltage capacitors. I have come up with a fairly simple way to use SCRs to control the ouput voltage and current. Well you know me. I'm a power and control kind of guy.

BTW for those of you who might want to build such stuff. It is extremely dangerous. So be careful out there. Design a set of safety proceedures and stick to them. The life you save may be your own.

Your regularly scheduled entertainment will resume shortly.

I did run across some really fine pictures of giant Tesla Coils in operation. Thrilling.

No comments: