Friday, August 10, 2007

Climate Audit Hit

It appears that Climate Audit after posting on a NASA error that made 1998 the warmest year on record (it is now second warmest after 1934, Power and Control link) has been hit with a denial of service attack according to a commenter at Watts Up With That?

Evidently the news was too much for some people to bear.

More news here.

Michelle Malkin sent an e-mail. She thinks it was a mention of Climate Audit by Rush L. that did it. Possible. Steve McIntyre has posted at A. Watts' site saying it may be a while before CA returns. Maybe a week. The usual DOS type attack is cleared in a couple of days or less. So I'm still wondering. More news as it becomes available. Michelle has more details on the main story and some thoughts on why Climate Audit is Down.

Clayton Cramer has some thoughts.

Update: 10 Aug 007 2258z

What really happened by some one who was actually there.

I know the DOS attack on ClimateAudit.org was real, as I helped them try to troubleshoot the problem, and the attack continues even now.
BTW Climate Audit is back up.

Update: 11 Aug 007 1838z

Climate Audit has limited access until they get their new servers installed. If you can connect to them you are fortunate (I got lucky). Otherwise you will most probably get a 403 Error. They hope to have all the kinks ironed out by Monday.

Cross Posted at Classical Values and at The Astute Bloggers

3 comments:

Karridine said...

Don't confuse me with the facts!

My mind's made up!

/Denial of Service = Speech for ME, but NOT for YOU!

Susan's Husband said...

And it's not like references to it aren't all over the Internet by now.

Anonymous said...

"THIS is the most titanic battle of modern times. A David without even a slingshot rises to do battle against the mighty Goliath, the global warming machine, allegedly crooked inside and out. Yeah, and for my money, you can cut out the "allegedly."

I picture Hansen on the phone. It goes something like this, "He can raise public opinion against us - if any part of this sticks...
And Gore on the other end, "Aah, he'll never get started. I'll make public opinion out there within five hours! I've done it all my life. I'll blacken this punk so that he'll - You leave public opinion to me. Now, Jim, I think you'd better go back into the office and keep those scientists lined up."

And somewhere Steve McIntyre, "You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if the room gets filled with lies like these, and the Hansens and all their armies come marching into this place."

Mostly kyped from Mr. Smith Goes To Washington - (I love that movie - pt)
(Another hit from the 30's)