Friday, November 09, 2007

Iraq Governing By First World Standards

I think the ideal would be to have the legislatures of America and Iraq equally esteemed.

Does that mean the Iraqis have to fall to the American level? Or would the Americans have to rise to the Iraqi level?

As soon as their Parliament is as effective as our current Congress I think we can safely say the Iraqis have arrived at First World Governing Standards.

Prompted by dday who says: "My optimism is tempered by years and years of history." Who thinks Iraq is lost because its government is behaving no better than ours. d-day wants official reconciliation between Shia and Sunni in Iraq or that will prove Malaki is no good. I have a slightly different proposition: I want official reconciliation between Republicans and Democrats in America or that will prove Bush is no good.

QED.

No comments: