Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What Are They Trying To Hide?

The most transparent Congress evah does not want to put the bills it votes on online 3 days before a vote. Especially not the health care bill.

Senate Finance Committee Democrats have rejected a GOP amendment that would have required a health overhaul bill to be available online for 72 hours before the committee votes.

Republicans argued that transparency is an Obama administration goal. They also noted that their constituents are demanding that they read bills before voting.

Democrats said it was a delay tactic that could have postponed a vote for weeks.
Three days equals weeks? That seems a bit math challenged to me. Considering how hard it is for some Democrats to figure out their taxes why am I not surprised?

Cross Posted at Classical Values

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read thru your posts and sometimes I dont even know what to say anymore when I here something like this....


cant let us see whats going to change our lives and our nation permanently? for a lousy three days?!

M. Simon said...

Uh. I didn't say that.

BTW what exactly is your point? I'm a little thick some days before my tenth cup of coffee.

Anonymous said...

lol drink your coffee simon.

im saying how bummed I am that they can get away with even thinking about passing legislation so monumental without letting us see it, or reading it for a measly three days prior to voting on it.

and that ive run out of commentary on just how pathetic and self serving and screwd up I think our politicians are.