Monday, October 04, 2010

I'm A Swinger

No. Not that kind. (Although if I got an invitation from some nice people I might consider it pending the first mate's approval. But you already know how that ends.) What I am is your quintessential libertarian swing voter. A proud member of the Leave Us Alone Party.

So I'm having discussions at Power and Control and Classical Values about this and that. Mostly abortion. And I must say that the social conservatives have done a right nice job of coming my way on 75% of the issues important to me. And of course we are totally down on the money issue. Mostly.

But the abortion issue seems to be a deal killer. Not for now. The financial bleeding must stop. But there is a future. If my conservative friends think there are government cures for our most contentious social issues I think they are mistaken. And I will fight as hard as I can to see that those collective solutions are never implemented. Sorry about that. My mind is made up.

In politics it is the tail that wags the dog. So unfair. Yes it is. But there you have it. Balance of power politics. So where am I for now? Economics in '10. Social Issues in '12.

It is my intention to wipe the floor with statists of every stripe. If you worship the fasces I intend to wipe the floor with you. To the best of my ability. God willing.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: