Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tea? Party

There is a report in Playboy about the Tea Party movement and a consultant who plans to help them win. The article is discussing a Tea Party organizer.

The speeches went on for hours. The sun was shining. It was the kind of day when you could take a nap under a tree. The organizer had personally delivered about a thousand activists. It was her big day. Two hours into the speeches she sat down on the warm grass next to me at the back of the rally and said, "This is the perfect day. Now all I need is a joint." That tells you everything you need to know about my friends.

We are tremendously plugged in to BigGovernment.com and its stable of writers. Our news cycle is measured in minutes, not days. Combine the DNA of a flash mob, a news addict and a con­servative who feels betrayed by the spending excesses of George W. Bush, sprinkle in some anxiety and you’ve got my people.
That doesn't sound very conservative. It sounds down right libertarian.

I can't wait to tell my conservative friends. And woo hoo - I can't wait to tell my anti prohibition - mostly liberal - friends. Perhaps I can add some cognition to their dissonance. Or at least get them all agitated. Some fun!

H/T Dana Loesch via Instapundit

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: