Thursday, July 23, 2009

Obama: "I Have Great Insurance"

President Obama is satisfied with his insurance.

Obama says it's not about him. "I have great health insurance and so does every member of Congress," the president said in remarks prepared for his news conference Wednesday night. "This debate is about the letters I read when I sit in the Oval Office every day, and the stories I hear at town hall meetings. This debate is not a game for these Americans, and they cannot afford to wait for reform any longer."

But confidence in his approach is slipping. Independents, middle-of-the-roaders who were vital for Obama's election, are increasingly skeptical. Forty-seven percent disapprove of how he is handling health care, up from 30 percent in April, the AP poll shows.
If this plan he wants to FORCE on the rest of us is so good why doesn't he promise to drop his plan and join the plan he is proposing - out of solidarity? Why don't all the Congress Critters pushing this plan promise to drop their coverage and join any plan they vote on? I guess the proposed plan is good enough for the peasants and not good enough for our masters.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: