Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mobys?

I report you decide. I was reading some comments about Obama's non-apology for his totally correct statement about values voters in Pennsylvania.

The following comments seem a little off key to me. What do you think?

USAF Sr. Airman April 11th, 2008 10:09 pm ET

I'm from Pennsylvania. I lost my civilian job due to outsourcing. I was VERY BITTER. Obama hit the nail on the head. It's not condescending, it accurate.
What exactly is a Sr. Airman? Is it something like a Junior Video Ranger with more time in grade? I'm not up on Air Force lingo (I'm a Navy man myself. We liked lad and mate. Now don't go getting ideas. Sr. Enlisted I heard. Sr. Sailor? nope.) so maybe Sr. Airman is a term of art I'm not familiar with.

And then there is this one.
BluecolorworkerinPA
April 11th, 2008 10:10 pm ET

He didn't defend, he is affirming the truth!
What exactly is a Blue color worker? Normally when a worker turns blue on the job we clear the airway, do mouth to mouth, CPR if indicated, and call for an ambulance. In Democrat America blue color workers post on the Internet. What a party.

Well the truth huts I suppose. And it is going to cost Obama a lot of votes. With any luck it will keep the Chicago Machine out of the White House. But please Lord, do not crater his campaign totally until he wins the nomination. I think Obama has some larnin to do about America and I really want him to feel our pain. Next stop for Obama? Job loss in 2010. America can be so cruel. Perhaps he has a Government plan that will help him keep his job. I'd like to see it. I'm sure I wouldn't like it but, I would like to see it. It is in cases like those where all those guns can come in handy.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

Update: Captain Ned in the comments at Classical Values says Sr. Airman is an actual rank in the AF, equivalent to Petty Officer 3rd Class in the Navy, also referred to some times as E-4 (a designation used in all services). However in that case I would normally expect to see it in the following order: Sr. Airman, USAF. But maybe in the guy's rush to defend Obama he wasn't thinking straight. Or maybe he is a Moby.

Let me add for those of you unfamiliar with the term Moby. It came from the performer Moby who suggested that people fake their life stories or credentials on line in order to give veracity to their criticism of the opposing (Republican in Moby's case) candidate. It goes something like this "I'm a life long Republican but I hate George Bush because he has sex with puppies and has gotten us into an unwinable war."

2 comments:

Kevcham said...

Anyone who listens to Obama's statement knows what he was saying and would have to agree with him. It is astounding how the media has taken something so mundane and spun it into a controversy. And Clinton has used it to turn up her pandering to sickening levels. She's not only willing to dash through sniper fire to hug our soldiers she's now telling us she loves dispatching animals for the fun of it. I spit in the general direction of the media and Clinton.

M. Simon said...

Well sure.

Just like if I say that Obama has a racist Jew hater as the inspiration for "The Audacity of Hope". Who can doubt it?

You think Barry gonna be my BFF now?

Barry makes the mistake that all Marxists make. He thinks that economics is man's sole driver.

People believe things that may or may not have a rational basis. Like some people actually believe Barry is going to win in Nov.

Me? I want to encourage such people in their faith.