Saturday, September 03, 2011

A Matter Of Character

We are just past the the tenth anniversary of the first publication of my article Heroin. By this time it is old news. Medical protocols have changed with respect to illegal drug use (it is now looked on as an attempt at self medication), but we have heard nothing significant on this subject from ANY major or semi-major religion that I'm aware of. Which brings up a little ditty (supported by the facts found by Dr. Lonnie Shavelson and reported in Heroin) that I have been posting around the 'net :

About 70% of female heroin users were sexually abused as children. Why aren't the churches standing up for them and asking that the dogs of war be called off them?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

You would think Christians would be extremely sensitive to government abuse of targeted populations. Especially sexually abused women. You would be wrong. And pointing out Christians does not let the others off the hook. I'm at this because so many apologists for Christianity say this is a Christian Nation. If you say so. Which is why I'm not a devotee of any organized religion.

Let me just say that the silence of all (probably an exaggeration) religions in America on this subject is deafening.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: