Sunday, April 27, 2008

So Many Choices

Larry Johnson of No Quarter say Republicans are being offered a rich diet if Obama is the candidate.

I predicted on this blog four months ago that Barack’s relationship with an unrepentant terrorist would become a heated issue in the presidential contest. Although Obama insists that he barely knows Ayers, this is not true. Democrats, beware — the problems of Obama’s associations with Ayers will create serious problems in the fall campaign if he is the candidate. Republicans take heart — if Barack is the nominee, your only problem will be deciding whether or focus your campaign attack ads on Obama’s questionable ties to the corrupt Tony Rezko, the racist Jeremiah Wright, the terrorist group Hamas, or the unrepentant bomber, William Ayers.
Here is another take from Lin Farley of Savage Politics
I do not understand how William Ayers wound up teaching at a University, holding forth on how he didn’t do anything wrong. I can understand people in succeeding generations wanting to talk to the real deal. But I cannot understand lauding a man who does not regret setting bombs. I believe Weather Underground takes responsibility for over 200 bombings nationwide. I also cannot understand the attitude of a man who wants to be President of all the people of this country associating with Ayers. Let’s not debate the association. It is well documented and it goes beyond ‘we met a few times.’

The crucial question to me is similar to the quesiton I have about Wright, and it goes to the issue of his judgment. I was 23. Obama is twice my age, and these associations are recent. For me they have set off an alarm. Every person who loves this country and who hates injustice, sooner or later, must come to terms with how he or she will seek change. Obama, has to answer for his associates. He cannot dodge the issue by saying they are ‘harmless.’ These people are not innocent. And Obama’s association with Wright and Ayers is haunted by the cries of the ordinary and everyday people who have been killed by prejudice and by bombs all over this precious and vulnerable world.
That Obama sure has a lot of strange friends and associates. A lot of them seem to fall in the Communist Revolutionary category of one sort or another.

Lin mentions the protests at Century City in California in passing. I was at Century City for the protests.

Me and my friends stayed until President Johnson started giving his speech inside Century City. You could feel the crowd getting ugly. Violence was in the air. We beat feet. My policy is to not be there when a bullet or baton has my name on it. Unless it is my duty.

I remember seeing a picture of a girl getting her head cracked by the police in the paper the next day. She was a Communist I had talked to at the Be In at the park that afternoon. I told her violence was stupid. She said I was just a dumb hippie. My skull is still intact though.

H/T Instapundit

No comments: