Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Obama Needs A Mate

A running mate. A Vice (Eliot Spitzer?) President Pick. Mayhill Fowler of "they are bitter because" fame reports.

Last night at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Barack Obama took a question on what he's looking for in a running mate. "I would like somebody who knows about a bunch of stuff that I'm not as expert on," he said, and then he was off and running. "I think a lot of people assume that might be some sort of military thing to make me look more Commander-in-Chief-like. Ironically, this is an area--foreign policy is the area where I am probably most confident that I know more and understand the world better than Senator Clinton or Senator McCain."
Wait a minute. He starts off with the Military and then twists it into Foreign Policy?

You know he has a great career ahead of him as Ackbar The Great, World Famous Prestidigitator. Count your fingers after shaking hands with him. He has lots of tricks up his sleeves.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

2 comments:

LarryD said...

Wait a minute. He starts off with the Military and then twists it into Foreign Policy?

Clausewitz said "war is the continuation of politics through other means". But I don't think Obama gets it.

M. Simon said...

Larry,

That thought occurred top me too.

I came to the same conclusion.