Dr. James Hal Cone is one of the leading lights behind the Black Liberation Theology that Obama's Pastor Rev. Wright espouses. Here is some of what he believes:
* "Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him."The more you know about Rev. Wright's theology the less you like it, except in some circles.
* "All white men are responsible for white oppression."
* "While it is true that blacks do hate whites, black hatred is not racism."
* "Theologically, Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man "the devil.""
* "The black theologian must reject any conception of God which stifles black self-determination by picturing God as a God of all peoples."
* "We have had too much of white love, the love that tells blacks to turn the other cheek and go the second mile. What we need is the divine love as expressed in black power, which is the power of blacks to destroy their oppressors, here and now, by any means at their disposal."
You might also like Liberation Theology and this video of James Cone in his own words.
Cross Posted at Classical Values