Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Richard Feynman

Kathy Siepp has some very good commentary on Richard Feynman. You should read it.

She leaves out his seminal chapter on relations between the sexes. "You Just Ask Them". From "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman". A delightful read.

And how about the nudes for massage parlors?

The kind of guy guys love to party with. He is OK about being male. He understands the condition. Lucky to have an understanding mate.

For light reading may I suggest his Cal Tech Physics Lectures.

I was reading his chapters on inductance and learned a whole lot. I have been working with inductors for 40 years in my design work and am only now getting a really "feeling in my fingers" understanding of them. I am comforted by his saying that inductors are really hard to understand.

Via Transterrestrial Musings

1 comment:

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

01 26 06

Hey there M. Simon: I feel you on the inductor stuff. They drive me nuts. For all of the hard work I put into electronics, I still find those coupled equations involving mutual inductance hard to solve. Inductors are also mysterious devices physically....I will check out your other blog that I once saw, if you still have it. I have been seriously considering transforming my blog to talk mostly about physics instead of politics and ethics.