Thursday, April 28, 2005

Clues for the Republicans

Alan Keyes did worse than Bush in Illinois by a vote of 27% for Keyes to 45% of the vote for Bush. In addition about 130,000 Republicans voted none of the above in the Senate race by not voting for either candidate.

The Republican Party in California is/was a dismal failure in California until Arnie did an end run around the party.

Medical Marijuana did better than Bush in Montana by 62% for pot, 59% for Bush.

I added Test all things. Hold fast to that which is true. to my side bar a few days ago. Doubt is my hero. Which is why I tend to be a small government libertarian.

Andrew Sullivan[registration required] who has become rational again now that the election is over has a great piece on the value of doubt in current politics. You should read it.

The bottom line here as I have said before: "a coalition is ruled by its weakest member".

The Republicans I think have made the #1 mistake of those who feel comfortable with power. They have stopped listening.

No comments: