Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Climate "Science" Is Ruining Everything

Clayton Cramer is expounding at length on why pot should not be legalized. He cites a government funded study. In the comments I found this:

13. Roux's Papa:

Well – having used pot twice in my life and the second time experiencing a debilitating effect that would truly alarm a vibrant young man and exactly at the wrong time. So, I got religion and prayed that everything would be alright and my deal with GOD was that I would never use it again. GOD kept his end of the bargain and I kept mine. The point of this story that happened almost 45 years ago is that I am not a user or purveyor of the substance. However, I strongly favor legalization and as for the STUDIES? Hey, you offer grants to study something – My life depends on continuing research grants – I love money – I want to please you – tell me the desired results that you are seeking – deliver money and I will deliver the desired results.

After the Global Warming fiasco, I find it extremely pathetic that members of the general public would continue to fund,with their tax dollars, and believe scientists. The Scientific Community ranks alongside Politicians, Lawyers and Ponzi Schemers in trustworthiness. Any test or study can be manipulated to deliver desired results. The results in this article are like all other Scientific?!!? research??!!?? another desired result produced for $$$$$$$$. In all things SEEK THE TRUTH by following the $$$$$$ MONEY $$$$$$ TRAIL !!$$$$$$
So climate scientists aren't the only corrupters of science. This is good to know.

Note that Eric at Classical Values has also taken a look at the "scientific" report cited from a slightly different point of view. Have a look.

Update:

Well what do you know. The New York Times linked here. Look for the box "From Around The Web" on the page.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

6 comments:

LarryD said...

I have some faith in the reports from Spain and Denmark detailing the failure of "green jobs" to materialize out of renewables. This is because the local critics did not challenge the results, they only complained that the reports undermined the chances of the US becoming a new market for their renewable energy companies.

But the rot didn't start with climategate, that's just where most of the public started to wise up to it. It goes at least as far back as the Kinsey Reports.

M. Simon said...

I think my post makes a fair point that drug war "science" is in the lead historically.

USMJP.com United States Marijuana Party said...

Every scientist is capable of the most simple math (no guarantees on anything more).

Go ask 2000 people if they want pot legalized.

Out of the 2000, 500 said yes.

Now, go to a "random sampling" of the 500 who already said yes.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Ericson,

You should consider wearing tinfoil on your head. It will help contain your ridiculous ramblings and provide total internal reflection for your insanity.

Ditto for you M. Hubris.

RavingDave said...

I recently saw an article which claimed a study showing a link between marijuana usage and later schizophrenia. It was supposedly a genuine medical study, and it showed a positive link. I thought about sending it to you but I decided I just didn't want to get into a discussion on a subject I don't feel strongly about, but I did want to let you know that there are studies out there that claim harm from marijuana usage.

M. Simon said...

Dave,

Governments can get the science they pay for. I have seen the latest study. It is another correlation job.

What is needed is a full longitudinal study with MRIs, DNA, and tracking of 100,000 or 400,000 for 40 or 50 years. No government wants to put up the money for that when bogus studies are cheaper with nearly as good PR value.