Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Woman Rocks


Woman Shot By Iranian Regime

Gateway Pundit has the story.

Gateway also has this picture gleaned from Facebook.
Woman With Rocks


The next few days will tell the story. Will there be enough blood in the streets to end the demonstrations? Or have things already gone beyond control?

Update: 21 June 2009, 0152z

The woman who died was called Neda, which means which means voice or call in Farsi.
Yesterday I wrote a note, with the subject line "tomorrow is a great day perhaps tomorrow I'll be killed." I'm here to let you know I'm alive but my sister was killed...


I'm here to tell you my sister died while in her father's hands
I'm here to tell you my sister had big dreams...
I'm here to tell you my sister who died was a decent person... and like me yearned for a day when her hair would be swept by the wind... and like me read "Forough" [Forough Farrokhzad]... and longed to live free and equal... and she longed to hold her head up and announce, "I'm Iranian"... and she longed to one day fall in love to a man with a shaggy hair... and she longed for a daughter to braid her hair and sing lullaby by her crib...

my sister died from not having life... my sister died as injustice has no end... my sister died since she loved life too much... and my sister died since she lovingly cared for people...

my loving sister, I wish you had closed your eyes when your time had come... the very end of your last glance burns my soul....

sister have a short sleep. your last dream be sweet.
You can see the video that the still of Neda was taken from on Facebook.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: