Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Eating Food Of This Kind?

Instapundit says that Amazon is having A Big Food Sale. And that you can get some really good deals. So let me ask you. Who buys food like this:

Ener-G Foods Chocolate Chip Potato Cookies, 9.6-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6).
Or as a Jedi Master once said, "How you get so big eating food of this kind?" Well, it is a mystery.

And the deal? A total of 57.6 ounces for $24.16, about 42¢ an ounce. That is $6.71 a pound. Which seems rather pricey for potato cookies. Even if they are doused in chocolate. But it is a big discount off the $43.08 regular price. Only a little over $11.94 a pound.

Now I have to admit Amazon has some pretty good deals on electronics. I like this "Atomic" Sony Automatic Time Set Clock Radio for $11.00. And the Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1 TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive for $117 seems like a good deal for a back up drive. Although I must say that it will take more than 11 and a half days to fill the whole drive using a standard 1 MB per second USB port.

Now I like Amazon for a lot of general merchandise and books. Lots of books. But food? I'm a generic brand oatmeal cookie guy. Under $2 a pound. Less on sale.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: