I was reading a post by Bob Owens about concealed carry of fire arms for self defense. Bob suggested that the first thing to do was to have a look at the US Marine Corps rules for gunfighting. Here are the first few rules:
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.And as I was going through the rest of the list I saw an addendum at the bottom called Navy Rules to Gunfighting which was a much shorter list.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Your life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
1. Go to SeaBeing a Navy man it cracked me up.
2. Send the Marines
3. Drink Coffee
Cross Posted at Classical Values