Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rezko Clears Obama And Blago

Well you didn't hear it here first. That would have been a June story at Politico.

In a letter to the U.S. District judge who presided over his trial, Rezko, who was convicted this month of 16 corruption-related counts, including fraud and money laundering, called prosecutors “overzealous.” And he singled out what he said were their efforts to get him to turn on Obama, an Illinois senator and the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, and Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

“They are pressuring me to tell them the ‘wrong’ things that I supposedly know about Gov. Blagojevich and Sen. Obama,” Rezko wrote in an undated letter released by the court this week. “I have never been party to any wrongdoing that involved the governor or the senator. I will never fabricate lies about anyone else for selfish purposes. I will take what comes my way, but I will never hurt innocent people.”
Good for Rezko. Finally an honest crook. We could use more of them.

Unfortunately for Blagojevich, Rezko seems to have dropped the dime on him.
A footnote to the 76-page criminal complaint and affidavit charging Illinois Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich, a Democrat, with soliciting bribes confirms what has long been rumored: that a former longtime friend of and fundraiser for President-elect Barack Obama is talking to federal prosecutors in hopes of a reduced sentence.

Antoin "Tony" Rezko's offer to provide authorities with evidence of others' wrongdoing is "not complete," and prosecutors are working to corroborate the claims he has made so far, the footnote says.

Rezko, a 53-year-old developer, was convicted in June on 16 criminal counts, including fraud, money laundering and abetting bribery. He is in custody awaiting sentencing.

Prosecutors depicted Rezko at trial as a fixer for Blagojevich and the man to see to secure a high-level appointment with the governor's administration. Rezko had been a longtime fundraiser for Blagojevich and other Illinois politicians, including Obama.
Well he sung like a canary on Blagojevich who Rezko claimed was innocent of any wrong doing in June. I wonder if he suddenly remembered a few things about Obama as well? I guess I should take back what I said about Rezko being an honest crook.

So let me see. If we have a Republican Congress in January of 2011 how soon will it be before Obama is impeached? Any one care to give me an over/under?

Cross Posted at Classical Values

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're wrong on the impeachment. We don't need to go through that again...

Anonymous said...

that would suck. as much as I dislike obama and think his policies will not be good for the country, even worse will be a rudderless nation in the middle of war with islamonazis

anyway, at this point obama is so powerful it would be a bad idea for resco to be crapping on his parade.