Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sailors Prayer

Sailor's Prayer

Lord, as I stand on the rolling
deck
To view the restless sea
With its wide expanse of darkened sky,
You seem so far from me.

Intrepid youth should feel no fear,
But I have a load of care
For the safety of our ship and men.
Lord, hear my earnest prayer:

That I be true to every task;
May no fault lie with me.
Whatever danger may arise,
As we sail the raging sea.

May I be calm and know that You
Can still the wind and wave,
And be assured in perfect trust
That You have the power to save.

When the moon sheds beams from a
starlit sky,
I feel near to You again,
For the same moon shines on my loved ones, too,
And I thank You, Lord......Amen.

1 comment:

LarryD said...

"Oh, Lord, thy sea is so vast"
"and our ships are so small."

-- I don't remember where I saw this one.