Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Corruption In El Paso?

Yesterday I wrote a semi-amusing piece about the Drug Cartels "petitioning Congress" to keep the Drug War going. It featured my favorite Police Detective, Howard Wooldridge. All in good fun to make a serious point.

Well this morning Eric sent me a link to this story. Whistle-blowers allege corruption, cartel ties.

Two former law enforcement officers allege that they cannot get anyone to investigate allegations that the Mexican drug cartels have corrupted U.S. law officers and politicians in the El Paso border region.

Greg Gonzales, a retired Doña Ana County sheriff's deputy, and Wesley Dutton, a rancher and former New Mexico state livestock investigator, said that instead of arrests and prosecutions of suspects, their whistle-blowing activities have resulted only in threats and retaliation against themselves.

"I lost my job for a security company at the federal courthouse in Las Cruces because I would not keep my mouth shut, and someone threatened me by holding a knife to my throat," Gonzales said.

Dutton, a rancher in Southern New Mexico, said an election official stopped by his ranch to ask him what was it going to take for him to retract his allegations concerning the official.

Both men were confidential sources for the FBI in El Paso and assisted with investigations over an 18-month period.

Gonzales and Dutton allege that the FBI dropped them after "big names" on the U.S. side of the border began to surface in the drug investigations.
I just knew that with the cartels running a war in Mexico and probably actually running most of Mexico that they had to be running at least a few cities in America. It appears that the cartels are not only running a city - they own the FBI. Well here is something former CIA director William Colby was trying to tell us in 1995.

"The Latin American drug cartels have stretched their tentacles much deeper into our lives than most people believe. It's possible they are calling the shots at all levels of government."

Well William [RIP] it looks like the evidence for your statement is becoming public knowledge. Very few secrets of this magnitude can be kept forever. Especially if some of the folks expected to keep the secrets have moral objections.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

2 comments:

helplrd said...

I can't believe I saw this article. I was searching for corruption cases to help backup statements of someone who is (one of many) being held in Coastal Bend Detention Center, Robstown, TX; he and many other truckers there, I am told, say they have been setup and have stories to tell about corruption on the border, but no one wants to listen to them but I hope someone will listen to them soon!!

M. Simon said...

If you have some links send them to me (post them here). If the story is good I'll blog it.