Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Shift On The Left?

I am a member of a mostly lefty anti-prohibitionist list. The question to the list was: given Holder's recent Oct. 2010 announcement that he would go after Calif if Proposition 19 passes, how would the youth vote break? Would Proposition 19 bring them out? Would Holder's remarks make them vote R?

Which made me link to this post in my email response.

Richard Lee, the founder and president of Oaksterdam University, is a veteran activist who also is sponsoring a statewide ballot measure that would allow adults 21 or older to possess and grow relatively small amounts of marijuana. The initiative also would allow cities and counties to tax and regulate marijuana sales and cultivation.

Lee calls himself a "Libertarian Republican."
So I'm searching around the 'net to see if I can get a feel for the zeitgeist and came across this comment at a FireDogLake article about Federal corruption in the drug war.
I’m beginning to think the Teatards are right, maybe we should drown the Fed Gov. in a bathtub.
When even lefties start catching on I think the current game is OVER.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

1 comment:

USMJP.com United States Marijuana Party said...

Hi! I'm on the ballot in Vermont for two offices, Governor and U.S. Senator.
In my race for Governor, I appeared in a statewide televised debate on Oct. 7th and someone put the last seven minutes on streaming video where the candidates give their closing statement.

I told viewers that Californians would vote on Prop 19 and I showed how they might sell marijuana when it is legal.

I am the sixth candidate for Governor giving my closing statement, standing next to the Republican, Brian Dubie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs9pa0u_zqQ

Cris Ericson, United States Marijuana Party
http://USMJP.com
http://crisericson2010.blogspot.com