Monday, August 18, 2008

Captured By Big Air

I was commenting at Althouse about Obama's performance on the stump:

Without a script Obama is a doofus.
Another commenter popped up with this gem:
Really? A doofus? You've been watching to many "Leave it to Beaver" reruns.
So I responded (I can't resist a set up).
And Obama is still a doofus when he has to speak off the cuff.

Did you know we could save two trillion barrels of oil (the amount of American oil shale) by just inflating our tires? That is a heck of a lot of inflation.

I think Obama has been captured by Big Air. I guess that would make him an airhead.
H/T Insty

Cross Posted at Classical Values

7 comments:

GW said...

It would seem that Nancy Pelosi is another captured by big air.
http://www.dcexaminer.com/opinion/Editorial_Pelosi_and_Pickens_investment_partners.html

Anonymous said...

Anyone who professes to be "99.9% certain" that Polywell will become a power generator is...

A TRUE AIRHEAD!!

Better cover your ears Msimon -- the wind whistling through your empty head is waking the neighbors.

M. Simon said...

99,

Always glad to have an idiot post. It makes me look good. Y'all come back now y'heah.

BTW I don't believe I've ever said that I'm 99.9% sure of Polywell. My current estimate is in the 30% to 60% range.

Even if the physics is right the engineering is daunting and there is no certainty at this time that even the physics is right.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...that sounds like a different Msimon from the Polywell Flag Bearer that I know...

Was it not you who claimed I'd say there is a 99% chance of making this work as a power generator on Jan-10?

You must be getting pessimisstic in your old age. Or, maybe you've learned the fine art of waffling from your hero Mr. McCain.

M. Simon said...

When my understanding changes I change my opinion. What do you do sir?

Anonymous said...

I guess you must just be a Bayesian at heart, huh? You're certainly not the skeptic that you claim to be.

What do I do? Well, since I believe in the scientific method of actual dissemination of experimental results for full review amongst my scientific peers, I don't make stupid statements based on anecdotal "evidence".

That's the difference between you and me.

Let me guess: there's a big announcement coming from the Nebelwerfers soon, right? Or, as you always say...be patient...in 6-9 months we'll know!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were an expert in fusion engineering?