Monday, November 15, 2010

The TEA Party Explained


I found this explanation of the TEA Parties on the www. (doesn't deserve a link)

I was asked what is the Tea Party today by my wife. She doesn't pay any attention to politics, especially US politics. I think she knows the USA has a relatively young black President and she can probably name him. But that is about it.

The question made me stumble for an answer. But I finally gave one. A Tea Partier is someone who says they want governmental change. Most of them say they want the government to stop spending and have less power over the individual. But most of them wouldn't have a problem if the government were to make it mandatory to teach creationism in schools and ban abortion.

Most of them have no idea what governments do or have a clue about Economics 101. And most of them are just looking for an excuse to get rid of a black President.
Most folks with this explanation of the TEA Party were taught cretinism in school.

=====

Buy something from Amazon.

No comments: