Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hanging Out With Marines

There is a discussion of gun control and the Nazis going on at the Volokh conspiracy. I found a comment there I took exception to:

I’m for 2nd amendment rights but the silly Nazi idiocy in this post is offensive. It reeks of the miltary hatered found in the IBD blog about a possible miltary coup about a year ago. Irrational hatred born of apparently complete ignorance.
Well, let me say this about that:

I dunno. I’m ex-military (admittedly a Navy pussy — but we hang out with Marines) and a Jew. And I think about these things. Are they serious worries? Not yet. Hopefully not ever.

But just in case I hang out from time to time at the Oath Keepers site.

BTW - Happy Birthday Marines. When John Paul Jones was fighting the British you made a difference. Not exactly American Marines. But since they were under American command we'll take 'em.

Semper Fi

H/T Instapundit

Cross Posted at Classical Values

2 comments:

Justthisguy said...

Amen, Mr. Simon. You are following in the footsteps of that paragon, Herman Wouk, who, BTW, is still alive. Just goes to show what clean living and righteous thoughts will do for you.

Justthisguy said...

Oh, and don't call yerself a pussy; you were willing to have neutrons pass through yer brain in order to serve your country!

WV: bobstiou. I don't know any bobst and I don't owe him any money.