Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lots Of Conservatives In America

There is some very good news for conservatives in America.

The 2010 midterm election saw a historically large percentage of voters claim to be conservative – 42 percent, compared to 32 percent in 2006 and 37 percent in 1994.
That is just excellent. Conservatism is sweeping the country. The question is where will that other 10% will come from. (You don't want elections too close. Democrats have a way of finding missed ballots that contain a disproportionate number of Democrat votes. I remember Kennedy - Chicago - 1960.)

I know. The nation has been anti-abortion for some time. How about running on that to pick up the 10%? The last time that was tried (2004 in Illinois) it wasn't just a defeat it was a a debacle. I don't think that one will fly politically even if it is the morally correct thing to do. Being groped by Federal Agents is still fresh in people's minds. Who wants to add another potential groping law?

I have an idea. A TEA Party idea. Why not stick to fiscal issues? Do something like Christie did in New Jersey. No funding for elective abortions. That would please the fiscal hawks and the social conservatives without adding any new duties to government. And leave it at that. Kinda like cutting back first before we start enlarging.

Plus, having government meddling in vaginas gives me the creeps. A Pregnancy Enforcement Administration just doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. Maybe I'm just sceptical about government, but I see lots of opportunities for abuse. Oh. Wait I forgot. It can't happen here. Or as my friend Karridine says: "It can't happen (-scuze me while I vote in THIS EXCEPTION so's gummint can clobber HIM-) here!"

No comments: