Thursday, June 04, 2009

David Carradine Is Dead



Actor David Carradine killed himself in Bangkok, Thailand.
BANGKOK – Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.

It said Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and had been staying at the hotel since Tuesday.
How sad. And what an inconsiderate way to go. His fans will miss him. And I have been a long time fan.

Here is a bit from the very first Kung Fu episode that I have always liked. Wake up!



When I first began having stomach problems I consulted a Shaolin Master who worked the appropriate pressure points and gave me some very good advice. Relax! It has helped a lot. Now I know what pressure points to use to help myself and I put effort into relaxing. Which of course is a contradiction in terms. But if you do it correctly it works.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

5 comments:

Pastorius said...

I know exactly what you mean about having to put effort into relaxing.

One of the things I have noticed about pain is, the body's natural reaction is the opposite of what would actually help.

I have a bulging disc. When it acts up, the pain can become very bad. When it does, the muscles tighten up around the disc, and make everything worse. The sciatica from the disc is also made worse by tightening muscles in the hip, hamstring and calf.

I went to a Physical Therapist, and he literally had to reteach me how to stand. I had developed a way of standing which seemed to give temporary relief from the pain, but caused worse problems in the long run.

One has to learn how to consciously send blood flow to the part of the body that hurts.

I've also used this to cure, and yes, i mean cure, myself of IBS.

Sadly, though, every few years, it seems, my body finds some new way to trick me back into a new kind of pain.

;-)

Pastorius said...

I know that's way off the subject of David Carradine's death, but whatever.

I liked Kung Fu, but I nothing else of Carradine. I'm sorry he committed suicide. Not a good legacy for one's loved ones.

RavingDave said...

If it makes anyone feel any better it appears to have been an accidental suicide. He was found naked in a closet with a drapery cord wrapped around his neck and genitals. Ace of Spades is speculating that it was one of those auto erotic asphyxiations.


David

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

M. Simon:
I've always had a problem relaxing. That is my biggest weakness. I had a yogi take me into deep meditation but I seem to be unable to do it on my own. Glad the techniques you've learned work for you. Sad that David Carridine is dead. I used to watch reruns of Kung Fu with my dad back in the day!

Pat R said...

at least Carradine got a lot of living in before he passed on, RIP