Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Blog Taxanomy

I recently got annoyed when a site I liked suggested a visit to another place. And I got there and durn. The comments were turned off. Probably to keep pests like me from annoying the host.

Then I check. No e-mail link either. Durn. I felt like I should have been given a warning. Well any way after linking to another site and filling out some weird form thatturns into an ordinary editable-email (with weird punctuation and strange codes). I got through. Not your - don't f00k with the customer type attitude. i.e. you aren't that important. Usually.

So any way from now on the rule is if you blame it on the Jews the conversation is over. Uh. Not that rule. What we need is a way to identify what kind of blog is reccomended. We need names. So I propose these. Not this is news/political junky oriented but can be applied to other catagories.

Blog Taxanomy

Full blog - that means e-mail contact on the front page and all comments allowed pronounced Fool

RFull blog that means e-mail contact on the front page and registered comments allowed pronounced Are Full

Femail blog that means feedback by e-mail on the front page pronounced Female

Snews blog that means no feedback the person is a sender it stands for Simply News these may be useful but are the least fun and the info is not subject to external verification of any kind (some only make you jump through hoops). Of course pronounced Snooze

Nowtlets blog regularly updated News Outlets with reporters in the field a blog could be a nowtlet for a specific topic or event as well as general. A contraction of Now Outlet

So from now on when you recomend a new blog please use these terms to classify it. Your help is sincerely appriciated.

BTW to shorten it perhaps these catagories could be given numbers. I'm open to suggestions. And comments.

No comments: