Saturday, October 23, 2004

It's 1971 all over again

Roger Simon has a really good review of Stolen Honor. Which I have never seen.

The goodness of the review comes not from the film itself but its review of history.

It is a history of lies told on a mass scale. And believed because we hoped that if the lies were true the bleeding would stop. It didn't. It intensified. In a more restrained way it is still going on. Thailand which sided with the west is making economic progress. Vietnam is not. Any way. I was there and believed the lies. I was wrong.

All we are askin for John is an apology. Hell John, I was dupped too. I've apologized. The two million Cambodians are on my concience. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice. All we want to hear is that you learned your lesson.

Is that so hard?

Besides I always heard confession is good for the soul.


If you want to see the movie click the link.

Here is another little bit I wrote on the subject of Democrats keeping the film out of the public eye.

No comments: