Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Man With Real Experience

Yes. When it comes to war and peace we need to heed the words of a man with real experience. Al Gore.

Gore said in 1988 that his experience in Vietnam:
"...didn't change my conclusions about the war being a terrible mistake, but it struck me that opponents to the war, including myself, really did not take into account the fact that there were an awful lot of South Vietnamese who desperately wanted to hang on to what they called freedom. Coming face to face with those sentiments expressed by people who did the laundry and ran the restaurants and worked in the fields was something I was naively unprepared for."
So the war was a mistake. OK. I don't buy that. But Al and I agree that the bigger mistake was abandoning the freedom lovers in South Viet Nam. A mistake the Democrats are intent on repeating in Iraq. How stupid do you have to be to repeat a mistake with truly terrible consequences a second time?

I believe you don't have to be stupid to do that. You have to be a Democrat.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: