Sunday, July 24, 2011

Project Update 24 July 2011

I have been going hot and heavy and getting a lot of things done. Board layouts and such. I had figured out how to get around $15 or $20 worth of parts to get the job done. Quite elegant too. And then I started thinking. And looking at a $1.40 (singles) microprocessor (with some special circuitry inside) that could replace my $20 in parts. Of course the software is a little more complicated but the circuit is much simpler.

Needless to say a redesign is in order. I'm starting with a prototype set up using a commercial board (with some special add ons) and will migrate to the single chip design if interest warrants. The commercial board has extensive debugging features which will make getting things working easier. I hope.

No comments: