Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm Going Off Line

My son, whose computer I have been using, is taking it back at the end of the day today.

My machine (a 1997 Pentium) died in January.

When I get a replacement (can't say how soon) I will be back.

Update: 14 Sept. '06 0027z

Looks like it will be sooner than I thought thanks to my kind readers.

1. I got an old (1995 Pentium) from a friend but I can't put it on the internet due to the fact that the ISP login application is missing and we don't have the Windows '98 CD required to install it. In any case its hard drive is dying and would be good for a few months at best.

2. Due to the kindness of my readers I will be able to get a new computer in the next week or so. In the mean time I will be blogging from the library and other public places on a time available basis.

No comments: