Saturday, December 25, 2004

Honored

The Secty of Defence Donald Rumsfield visits the troops.

That is when I, without any thought, piped in with "Sir, you can talk to him, he's awake." He told the soldier, named Rob, how proud he was of his service. The soldier was in a bit of disbelief, because he couldn't see with one eye patched and the other swollen shut. He said he wanted to talk to Rumsfeld. That's when I said "He's standing right to your left, Rob, that's his voice you hear. You can talk to him." The kid was nervous at that point, but sputtered out how honored he was to talk to him. Mr. Rumsfeld replied, "No, it's an honor for me to talk to you."

Then remarkably, the young soldier, who had just lost his left hand and right eye from an explosion, came to the defense of the Secretary of Defense, stating "Mr. Rumsfeld, I want you to know, that you are doing a fantastic job. I know that you are taking a lot of heat for the problems with getting armor for vehicles. I want you to know that things are vastly improved. Our vehicles are great, and I have never searched through junk piles for scrap metal."
With troops and leaders like these the only way we can lose this war is the way we lost 'Nam. The America haters predominate.

Via Powerline

6 comments:

Vercingetorix said...

Perhaps I've been rude, well, I HAVE been rude.

I apologize.

But in this case I truly do not understand the point you were trying to make earlier.

What was it?

Vercingetorix said...

And the sunflower picture is very good, an excellent use of color, but more than anything a use of texture in the background that catches the eye. Also the way that the green of the leaves in the foreground mixes with the strongly accentuated clouds in the background to give a certain space and ambiguity to the picture's form. At a distance it appears that the sunflower itself is a rising sun and the sunflowers below appear to be rising, warming to the tropic pull of the warmth overhead.

It is very good.

NewhampshireMan12 said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Cold Sore Treatment site/blog. It pretty much covers Cold Sore related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
chip gadget programmer sim spy

Marketing man said...

Hello, My name is Donald you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a work at home montreal
site. It pretty much covers work at home montreal
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

blogdollar1 said...

Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about camper in ohio pop up used.
Stop by and check it out sometime at camper in ohio pop up used