Monday, November 29, 2004

The Fools May Be Making Peace

A few days ago I said that the Palis needed to stop incitements (Sharon's condition) and start the peace talks. I ended the piece with a quote from German Gen Rundstedt - "make peace, you fools".

So I read yesterday that Hamas is ready for a ten year 'hudna'. That is a ten year truce. Not peace by a long shot. But not your usual Hamas rhetoric either. I thought to myself. Those boys must be hurting. Still a long way to go, though, for any kind of peace agreement.

So I open the Jerusalem Post today and what do I see in the headlines? PA orders end to incitement.

The Palestinian Authority leadership has ordered PA-controlled media to stop all incitement against Israel and Jews, the London-based Arabic daily A-Shark Al-Awsat reported Monday.

The order also pertains to video clips, songs and music videos which call for the continuation of the armed intifada, the paper reported.

According to the report, the order was given 24 hours after Prime Minister Ariel Sharon urged the Palestinians to put an end to incitement as a prerequisite to the resumption of talks based on the road map peace plan.
Interesting that it takes a week for the news to filter out.

I'd say the Stupidfada is over.

The Palis lost.

Now it is probably a little early for full scale celebration but it may be, with Arafat's death, sanity or at least a bit of it may be returning to the Palestinians.

It may just be that the fools are making peace.

4 comments:

8709 said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searcing for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a mens male enhancement reviews related site pertaining to mens male enhancement reviews related articles.

lokokid said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link to !!Work at home jobs

gootau said...

Hi all,
In talking about business opportunity, what could be better than a 100% automated system that could allow netters to fold their arms while it tirelessly hunts for prospects.

I happened to pass by, but your business opportunity related contributins truly captured my eye. I happen to have been frustrated and been bled to my last penny by sweet talkers, into buying useless onlines opporunities.

Only after 4 years did I stumble on something that has truly changed my life. Things can nver realy be this easier ...no emailling, no calls, no prospecting or closing your sales because a real millennium software does literally everything for you! The prosperity automated system is in aclass of its own.

I would recommend it for anyone who needs a regular side income but hating MLM's or chain letters or anything like that. The PAS team does all the work and you get the dime. This is my idea of the 21st century business..http://www.MegaWealthy.com/224

Many thnks

Vincent Molelekwa

Opportunities said...

Hi. Thanks for the insights.

Steve @
Opportunities