Tuesday, September 04, 2007

John Edwards In Iowa

My mother visited John Edwards in Osceola, Iowa, Monday. Mom is a die hard Democrat and likes Edwards. My mom met Edwards and told him she was a breast cancer survivor and had lost a young son (my brother Jeff). Edwards put an arm on mom's shoulder said "God Bless You" and gave her a little hug.

Now I really don't like Edward's policies, but I have to say that mom's story humanized him a lot for me. BTW mom (who is about to turn 88) thought Edwards was really handsome.

Cross Posted at Classical Values and at The Astute Bloggers


Reliapundit said...

pretty boy john is beginning to look like jim lehrer... they could b cousins

Snake Oil Baron said...

I thought Jimmy Carter was a nice guy when almost all I knew about him was that he was president and did that Habitat for Humanity work. I am not saying that Edwards is as nasty as Carter but people make the best impression when they reveal as little as possible.